28 April 2008
7pm, Arlington
The second meeting of the Princess Readers Book Club began with Michelle and Valorie arriving with a plethora of magazines, blank boards, tape, scissors, and wine! We promptly opened the wine, nibbled on some flat bread pizzas, and waited to see who else might show up. Realizing at 730pm that we were it (we're OK with that, we know many of you had other plans, and two that were going to show but both ended up fending off head issues; one migraine, and one child with huge knot on his noggin - we hope everyone is better now).
It was a really fun evening, we rifled through our own stacks of mags and started on the other stacks. Each of us finding a pictures, words, or phrases that had meaning for us and then having some conversation about the appropriateness as an addition to the board, or perhaps just an item to add to a birthday or Christmas list. Again it was fun and I thought about it later and realized the last time I enjoyed a kind of mindless, craft kind of evening was when we were working on Valorie's wedding favors, which interestingly enough also included alcohol, Champagne specifically, and perhaps and injury or two, but that's another story. Suffice it to say that glue guns and Champagne don't mix!
We did try to get to a little Book Club Business and discussed the fact that the next scheduled meeting would naturally take place on the Labor Day Monday. Two of you have suggested an alternative; one choice is to move the date to the following Monday which is 4 June, the other suggestion is to move the date to the Tuesday following the Monday Labor day. I will post both choices in a poll and you can vote for them.
Similarly, we have a number of suggested book choices from you, so I will also post them to the blog and you can vote on our first choice.
I think this is all I have for now. More later, Princesses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi.. what a great meeting... sorry I missed it due to class.
I vote for June 2 for next meeting and look forward to the book selections.
sandy
Post a Comment