24 March 2008
7pm , Arlington
The first meeting of the Princess Readers Book Club started with a healthy turn out Jamie, Jennifer, Karen, Lori, Mary, Michelle, Sandy, and Valorie. Lisa and Marcy wanted to attend but had other plans that evening.
Decisions I think I heard us make that evening and please correct me if I'm wrong.
1. We'll meet once a month on the last Monday of the month
2. Having read the book is not required for attendance at any meeting
3. Meeting start time will be 7pm and we'll try to end at 9pm
4. Anyone can volunteer to host a meeting at their house or can suggest a public location
5. Everyone can nominate a book for reading by the group
I believe those were the basic ground rules but one or all can be modified or deleted based on the groups decision - we are Princesses after all!
Something else I heard during the evening but I'm not entirely sure was agreed to by the group, was the choice of the next book, one option was Eat, Love, Pray, but did we decide that as a group? We discussed not limiting ourselves to a particular genre, even though my original solicitation for the book club may have made it sound that way - you are not limited to books that make me a better Joanne. All types are welcome and that in itself will make the book club more exciting because we'll be exposed to books that we probably wouldn't have chosen left to our own devices.
I truly planned to post these notes the same week as the meeting, very sorry for the delay, but since I didn't we have some other decisions to make - is there enough time to begin reading another book before our next planned get together? Or should we make an alternate plan for the next meeting. I will throw some choices out there and you can let me know what you think or offer an alternative.
Following our schedule, the April meeting is Monday, April 28, which is two weeks from now. We can:
1. Get together on April 28 and the book discussion will be The Secret since not all of us had completed, or even started reading it at the time of the last meeting.
2. Get together on April 28 and put together our "vision boards" which was an idea presented in The Secret.
3. Get together on April 28 with our lists of proposed books and slot them into "a calendar" for reading over the next 9 months.
4. Confirm the selection of Eat, Love, Pray, and discuss that on April 28.
5. Confirm the selection of our book list via the blog and postpone the next meeting until the May meeting date, which is May 26.
Thank you all for your willingness to do this with me. I'm excited that we have such a lively and diverse group of women from which to share and learn with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like the idea of doing our vision boards on the 28th.
can't wait to hear about the vision boards. I teach on 28th but that will be one of my last monday classes. sandy
I'm cool with doing the vision boards and maybe chatting a bit more about The Secret.
Hi GUYS! I am posting this comment on June 8, 2013. Wow. Can you believe we have been around for 6 years? We have gained and lost members. We have talked about dozens of books. I love my Princess Book Club.
Post a Comment